Article 1 (General rules)
ZEALS may present this Policy in languages other than Japanese; however, versions presented in languages other than Japanese are for reference only. If there are differences between the Japanese version and a non-Japanese version, the Japanese version will take precedence.
Article 2 (Customer information that may be acquired by ZEALS)
ZEALS may acquire the following information (collectively called “personal information, etc.”) from customers:
(3) Age, date of birth
(5) Phone number, email address, and other contact information
(6) ID, password, etc., necessary for verifying the identity between the person accesses to the account and the customer
(7) Service usage history, activity-related information
(8) History of product purchases via the service, payment information
(9) Work history, qualifications, employment status, and salary-related information
(10) Content of inquiry-related conversations, video call recordings
(11) Device information, log information, browser type, IP address, cookies and other device identifiers
(12) Location information and other customer utilization information
(13) ID that the user uses with an external service, and other information whose disclosure to external linked services has been approved by the user via the external service’s privacy settings
(14) Other information that may be prescribed in an individual agreement, etc.
Article 3 (How personal information, etc. is acquired)
ZEALS acquires a customer’s personal information, etc. through the following means:
(1) The customer enters information when operating a device.
(2) The customer provides information directly or through a medium such as writing.
(3) The customer sends information automatically when using or browsing services, products, advertisements, or content.
(4) The information is legally acquired in other ways, such as being received from a third party who has the consent of the customer.
Article 4 (Purpose of using personal information, etc.)
ZEALS will use personal information, etc. within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes (hereinafter “the purpose of use”):
(1) To verify the customer’s identify
(2) To introduce or provide a product or service of ZEALS or a third party in connection with a product or service that the customer has consulted or inquired about (including estimating the customer’s interests and selecting advertisements to send by using the information together with the results of various analyses)
(3) To send advertisements related to a product or service that the customer has consulted or inquired about, and measure the effect of the advertisements
(4) To use for reference when planning, developing, and improving the products or services of ZEALS or a third party
(5) To measure customer traffic and behavior
(6) To record, calculate, and analyze service usage
(7) To provide important notifications, such as changes regarding the terms of service
(8) To perform the duties specified in the contract with the customer
(9) To respond to customer inquiries, comments, and requests
(10) To use personal information, etc. acquired in ZEALS recruitment activities for the purpose of employment-related screening, decision, and company entry procedures, as well as associated applicant management, business correspondence, and such activities
(11) To use for other purposes that may be prescribed in an individual agreement, etc.
Article 5 (Providing personal information to third parties)
1 Unless agreed to in advance by the customer, and unless acceptable according to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations, ZEALS will not provide personal information to third parties, except in the following cases:
(1) When necessary to protect someone from death, physical harm, or property damage, and obtaining the customer’s consent is difficult
(2) When particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and obtaining the customer’s consent is difficult
(3) When a government agency, local government, or party entrusted by such authority requires cooperation in order to perform work that is prescribed by law or regulation, and obtaining the customer’s consent may obstruct the performance of said work
2 Irrespective of the provisions in the preceding paragraph, the recipient of said information will not be regarded as a third party in the following cases:
(1) When ZEALS entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information within limits necessary to achieve the purpose of use
(2) When personal information is provided in connection with the succession of business, such as a merger or other circumstance
(3) When personal information is to be used jointly with a specified party or parties, and the fact of said joint use, items of personal information to be jointly used, scope of joint users, user’s purpose of use, and name or title of the person responsible for managing said personal information have been reported to the customer in advance or are in a condition that is readily accessible to the customer
Article 6 (Joint use of personal information, etc.)
Personal information, etc. may be jointly used in connection with some services offered by ZEALS. In such cases, ZEALS will publicly state the items that are necessary in the individual agreement, etc. for the applicable service.
Article 7 (Security measures)
ZEALS devises and implements necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss, and damage of personal data being handled and to safely manage other personal data. ZEALS also reexamines and improves its measures as needed. Furthermore, if leakage, loss, or damage does occur, ZEALS will immediately take action and strive to prevent recurrence.
Article 8 (Inquiries and procedures regarding requests and complaints for personal information disclosure or related action)
If you desire disclosure of personal information, notification of the purpose of use, revision, addition, removal, suspension of use, erasure, or suspension of provision to third parties (hereinafter collectively referred to as “personal information disclosure or related action”), please contact the Inquiry Desk specified in Article 11, “Inquiries and information.”
Article 9 (Fee for disclosure of personal information or notification of purpose of use)
The fee for disclosure of personal information or notification of its purpose of use will be 1,000 yen per request (tax not included).
ZEALS may make changes to this Policy. If a change is made to this Policy, ZEALS will provide notification through the website it operates and manages, or through another method determined separately by ZEALS. After this Policy has changed, the customer’s use of ZEALS services will considered the customer’s confirmation and consent to this Policy’s changes.
Article 11 (Inquiries and information)
Comments, questions, personal information disclosure or related action, and other inquiries regarding handling of personal information should be directed to the Inquiry Desk below.
ZEALS Personal Information Inquiry Desk
ARCO TOWER 6F, 1-8-1 Shimomeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo
(Business hours: 10:00 to 19:00 *Closed on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays)
Article 12 (Governing law, etc.)
The governing law for this Policy’s application and interpretation will be Japanese law. All disputes arising from or related to this Policy or a service provided by ZEALS will be settled by the Tokyo District Court, which will serve as the exclusive court of jurisdiction in the first instance.
ZEALS Co., Ltd. CEO Masahiro Shimizu
Revised on August 16, 2021
Revised on April 1, 2021
Revised on November 5, 2020
Revised on December 7, 2018
Established on June 14, 2018